Have You or a Loved One Been Involved in a Major Accident?
Houston Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Help Recover from Damages
In an instant, your life can change completely. Being the victim of a catastrophic accident will likely affect you for the rest of your life. While full or partial recovery is possible, many people who suffer catastrophic injuries require extensive physical or emotional therapy, adaptive equipment or the need for consistent medical attention for the rest of their lives. If you have been severely injured in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may need to file a personal injury claim to recover damages.
At Tilton & Tilton Law, our Houston catastrophic injury lawyers have extensive experience in assessing the complete costs of medical bills, lost wages and other damages that an accident would affect over a lifetime for someone who has been catastrophically injured. We know that accidents like this can affect you and your family in a variety of ways. We will fight to help you hold the responsible parties liable for the harm done to you.
What Are Common Accidents That Cause Catastrophic Injuries?
A catastrophic injury can happen at any time and under many different circumstances. The question is, was the accident due to someone else’s negligence? If the answer is yes, then you may be entitled to recover from your losses. Accidents that produce catastrophic injuries happen in a variety of ways, including:
- Vehicle Crashes: High-speed impacts in vehicles often lead to head and spine injuries that are classified as catastrophic. A passenger thrown from a motorcycle or a driver who is involved in a T-bone accident will be at risk of a broken back, a spinal cord injury, or a skull fracture that can be the cause of permanent brain damage.
- Pedestrian Accidents: People who travel on foot or by riding a bicycle have no substantial defense when a car hits them. Bicycle helmets are designed to prevent skull fractures for minor collisions, but in the event of a bicycle collision with a vehicle, they cannot help accident victims avoid neck and back trauma or concussions that cause brain injuries. Especially when a pedestrian or cyclist has no protection, accidents result in major long-term damage.
- Dangerous Properties: This occurs when a property owner does not follow legal safety precautions. Tripping hazards and slippery surfaces cause falls that might lead to catastrophic head and back injuries. Companies and property owners are responsible for failing to correct or warn of dangerous conditions on their legal property.
- Dangerous Products: More common than one might imagine, dangerous products cause catastrophic injury all the time. Falling from an improperly designed ladder, breathing carbon monoxide released from a poorly vented machine, and small toy parts upon which infants choke are examples of defective or dangerous products that can cause catastrophic injuries.
These are just a few of the common categories in which catastrophic injury can occur. Regardless of the way that it happens, any careless act that results in severe harm to another person entitles the injury victim to pursue fair compensation.
What Kinds of Support May be Available After a Catastrophic Injury?
In addition to the physical and emotional challenges catastrophic injuries create, the financial implications cause significant challenges. Very rarely is someone prepared to recover from a life-altering accident on their own. If the injuries are not your fault, you should not be forced to take on the financial burden. This is where an experienced catastrophic injury lawyer can help.
These cases are complex and wide-ranging, often including multiple parties. Judges have many different variables to take into account when awarding damages in catastrophic cases. Some types of compensation we may be able to secure for you include:
- Home and vehicle repairs
- Modifications for disabled use
- Loss of future career earnings
- Lost wages during hospitalization
- Medical expenses and rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering compensation
The types of compensation you are ultimately entitled to depend on many different factors including the severity of your injury, your current and future occupational situation and the number of dependents that you claim. These are all things one of our Houston catastrophic injury lawyers will take into account when determining the compensation that you may claim.
Injured Due to Someone’s Negligence? Our Houston Law Firm Can Help
No matter the cause, being injured in a major accident is a stressful and unforeseen time in a person’s life. After a catastrophic injury, you may not be able to continue along with the life you had prior to the accident. The injured person likely feels burdened with responsibilities including living expenses, trying to figure out how to pay medical bills and trying to find consistent help with basic needs. If this sounds similar to the situation you find yourself in, then please contact our office to schedule your free consultation.
Our Houston catastrophic injury attorneys are passionate about helping those injured by a negligent cause and their families receive the justice they deserve. For many years, Tilton & Tilton Law Firm has been successfully winning cases for their fellow Texans we know what it takes to win personal injury cases. Call now to see how we can help.